Tuesday, July 12, 2016

All The Sugar And Twice The Caffeine






Jolt Cola

Yes, that really was the sales pitch behind this soft drink.

Years before the energy drinks of today, there was Jolt Cola. Created in 1985, it was supposed to be the next step in the cola wars. I remember it being exactly what the label implied, a sugar bomb that was full of caffeine. It was best used as a way to study for a trigonometry class final. I'm not even sure if I've come down off the sugar-high from my senior year due to all the Jolt's I drank 30 years ago.

The company went bankrupt in 2009 and was restructured and now offers Jolt Energy drinks. But fear not 80's Nation, in Germany and Sweden the original packaging and recipe is still available under license. So, if you're ever in those countries and you need to stay awake for 3 days, Jolt Cola is your friend.

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember it being too strong but it sure was fun!

    ReplyDelete