Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What Were We Thinking...when we didn't listen to these songs more often? Part 1




I thought I would occasionally give a shout out to a few of the unsung songs of the 80's (well, someone sung them but were we listening?). Some of these will be from bands that obviously made a big impact in the 80's....but not with these songs and some will be from bands that maybe few have ever heard of. Most of these I still own on vinyl, by the way.

First up is INXS. They made it really big in the 80's with hits like Never Tear Us Apart, Devil Inside and Need You Tonight. At one point they were huge. But lets look back on their earlier days. They still had great tunes and the girls love a lead singer that looks like Michael Hutchence (I admit, I tried to grow my hair out like him to attract the girls...it didn't work). I thought this song was amazing and I must have played it about 900 times in a row on my car stereo the day I bought it.....years later I would nearly duplicate that amount of replays when I added it to my ipod....but I digress.

Please Enjoy Don't Change by INXS and RIP Michael.


1 comment: