Saturday, September 20, 2014

Wait...WHAT?



They were fun, they were cute, they were a bit tomboy-ish...and they made some good pop music. Cruel Summer, Really Saying Something and I Heard A Rumor all helped to earn them a Guinness Book of World Record as the all-female group with the most chart entries. Not bad for 3 lasses from England.




In 1986 they recorded a cover of a song by Shocking Blue that was a #1 hit back in 1970 called Venus. The song went to #1 for Bananarama as well, proving that a great song is always a great song.



The video for the song featured a more mature and stylistic look for the band....in fact it can be said that the girls looked like supermodels ......but you won't hear me complain....well at least not about their looks. But I will take issue with the song being used by the Gillette company to sell women's razors. I admit, I approve of well manicured lady parts but What Were They Thinking????

I know it can't be undone but lets all enjoy the video to take away a bit of the razor burn (see what I did there?)






1 comment:

  1. I never see a link to the video :( but I love Cruel Summer!

    ReplyDelete