Sunday, May 21, 2017

They Could Have Spent More Time On The Lyrics







Making Love Out Of Nothing At All by Air Supply

First of all, This is not really the type of song I would have listened to back in 1983 when this was released. It reached #2 on the US charts so someone was listening to it.....a lot. But its crossed my radar in the years since and it always makes me laugh and I'll explain why.

The song starts off with a bit of easy piano and then the singer comes in and he's going to tell you about everything he knows. Ok. Then the chorus kicks in and he doesn't know a few things. And then a choir comes in and they're singing half the title of the song. And now he's getting all over dramatic about her eyes and the stars. There's a guitar solo that's completely out of place for this song and this band. And now he's telling us about all the things he can make and all of them are sports analogies. Here comes the choir again. I'm starting to suspect that he can't say Making Love.

I'm not even going to go into the terrible video......its bad on many levels. And I'm not sure why this song was such a big hit but here it is.

Enjoy.....or laugh along with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment