Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Songs That Need Our Love...part 4




Camouflage.

Ok...I bet you're wondering who these guys are. Well, you wouldn't be the first.

Camouflage is a band from Germany and I'm about to introduce you to the only song they ever charted. And it did very well back in 1987 when it topped the US dance charts for 3 weeks. After that accomplishment.....nothing. Ok, that's not entirely true. They have continued to record, creating 8 studio albums....but no hits, other than this one.

I can tell you that I've purchased 3 copies of their debut album. 2 versions on vinyl and 1 on cd. The first copy was not returned to me be an ex-girlfriend (Shannon...if you're out there...can I have my records back?). But I think this song is worth every dime I've spent on tracking it down.

Take a look at the video and tell me that "Propaganda Man" isn't really Jools Holland.




BTW....the girl in the picture above is Paula Yates. She was once married to Bob Geldof and was Michael Hutchence's girlfriend when he died. But I digress.....

Please enjoy The Great Commandment by Camouflage.





No comments:

Post a Comment