Sunday, June 18, 2017

Anybody Want A Peanut?






The Princess Bride

Released in September of 1987, this film adaptation of a 1973 book written as an abridged version of a much older tale (obviously, the entire thing is original but it added to the humor and the fantasy of the whole project).

The film begins with a young boy (Fred Savage) staying home from school because he's not feeling well and his Grandfather (Peter Falk) coming to read him a book to make him feel better. The Grandfather narrates throughout the film with occasional asides from the Grandson. The basic plot is this:



Umm..... Ok, I'll start nearer to the beginning......farm boy Westley is presumed dead and his true love, Buttercup, has finally agreed to marry Prince Humperdinck. But the Prince has other plans. He hires three assassins......



....Inigo Montoya, Vissini and Fezzik to kill Buttercup and frame the neighboring country for it so he can go to war with them. But they are followed by a man in black who beats all three assassins and rescues Buttercup. Along the way we get introduced to Count Rugen (he's on the right next to Humperdinck).....



....and Miracle Max and his wife, Valerie....





....but really, I'd be doing you all a disservice if I gave away the entire plot. But I will point out that this film has some of the best movie quotes ever.

"You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you" "you seem a decent fellow, I hate to die"

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"

"Its possible, pig, I might be bluffing"

"Truly you have a dizzying intellect" "wait until I get going. Now, where was I?"

"I am not left handed"

"You've been mostly dead all day"


And of course....."Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die"

Please enjoy the trailer of this classic film and if you haven't seen it.....don't tell me that.....go see it now. Or the citizens of Florin will boo you.



No comments:

Post a Comment