Monday, April 24, 2017

I Like Them Leather Pants






Crimson And Clover by Joan Jett And The Blackhearts.

Released in 1982, it was the second single off her second album. It's a cover of the song from 1968 that went to #1 on the US charts. So the song had a pedigree. And I liked Joan's version.

But it was the video that made me really like her version. I point to the image of Joan at the top of the stairs in black leather pants.............Ohhhh! Also when her eyes get big during the line, "I wanna do everything". I was 13 when this version came out......it affected me deeply.

Joan remarked later in her career that people got bothered when she didn't change the words from "her" to "him" but, as she pointed out, it wouldn't have rhymed.

Please enjoy......I know I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment