Monday, January 23, 2017

She Blinded Him With Hair Spray



New Toy by Lene Lovich

I was going to go into a long post about how much I like this song, which I do.....but then I watched the video (which I had never seen before) and now I'm just at a loss for words. The official video for the song is typical early 80's...light on concept, big on weirdness. The photo from above is of Lene from a European tv performance......and that's a hair style, no doubt about it. But it seems that she was always a little free-wheeling with her hair and lets face it, it was the 80's and hair was a way to express yourself. So who am I to judge?

I would be doing you all a disservice if I didn't point out Lene's keyboard player. He's in the video. Its none other than Thomas Dolby. Maybe it was Lene that blinded him with science.

Please enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment